Taken from this thread this link.
0. Make sure you install windows media 11 first for XP.
1. Click on the arrow under the Library ( from Windows media Player)
2. Click More Options
4. Configure Sharing
5. Check Share my Media
6. You should see under share my media an icon ( Unknow device) that's your PS3
7. Click on it and allow.
then click ok.
1) Download the Combined Community Codec Pack
2) Download the proper WMP11 .mp4 registry key
unzip and double click to install
3) In WMP11 Library add your .mp4 folder or Dix Folder
I did this for my ps3! It works great! I now get divx shows straight off bittorrent and watch them on my ps3.