Thursday, January 10, 2008

Free mp3s


Valleywag, Silicon Valley's Tech Gossip Rag
Trent Reznor: Why won't people pay $5? | Tech news blog - CNET News.com
If I think of it a month later walking through Amoeba (record store), hmm...do I want to just buy a piece of plastic and give most of the money to the record labels, who have to be thieves because my experience with them has always been that? And you have a lot of reasons why you didn't do it. So I thought if you take all those away and here's the record in as great a quality as you could ever want, it's available now and it's offered for an insulting low price, which I consider $5 to be, I thought that it would appeal to more people than it did. That's where my sense of disappointment is in general, that the idea was wrong in my head and for once I've given people too much credit.



All the suckers want music for free!

No comments: