Tuesday, September 29, 2009

cassandra 0.4.0 is out

Mailing list archives
adies and gentlemen, I give you Cassandra 0.4.0. It's hard to imagine that it has only been 2 months since our very first release[1]; an impressive amount of progress has been made. For example: * Nodes can now scale to billions of keys instead of millions. * There is support for multiple keyspaces (formerly known as tables). * You can now create snapshots * A new bootstrap feature for adding nodes to a running cluster * A new multiget API * Numerous improvements to the Thrift API And many, many, more. In fact, don't take my word for it, check out the changelog[2], or the 176 closed Jira issues (176!)[3]. Many thanks to all those that contributed patches, reviewed, tested, documented, or counseled.


Pretty cool.

On my macbook pro, I got about 2400 inserts / s with cassandra 0.4.0. I was not able to get a multinode setup on my ec2 enviroment.



No comments: